Use this delightful animated film in your classroom with a collection of cross-curricular teaching ideas and activities! Age Range: 5-11
Teaching Ideas and Resources:
- The title of this film is ‘Soar’. Can you think of synonyms for this word? Would any of them make a better film title in your opinion?
- Look at the first frame of the animation. Predict what you think may happen in the rest of the film.
- Retell the story from the point of view of Mara (the girl) or Lucas (the pilot).
- Pause the video at different points (e.g. 0:15, 0:28, 0:50, 1:15, 1:44, 2:29, 3:51, 4:35) and think of some speech / thought bubbles for the characters.
- Pause the video when the small bag lands on the table. Write an alternative ending from this point. What is in the bag? Who does it belong to?