2-3 medium eggplants
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
1 tbsp. diced red onion
1/2 tsp. of lemon juice
pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Rub the outside of the eggplants with olive oil and place them in a roasting plan. Roast the eggplant until the skin has charred and the interior is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Peel and seed the cooled eggplant, roughly chop/pound the flesh with a wooden spoon and then transfer it to a bowl.
- Add the red onion, lemon juice, some salt and pepper to taste. Mix it all together.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Serve with french bread, or pita bread.