Here is a list of Free Professional Development Courses Starting Oct. 3 on Coursera:
1. Coaching Teachers: Promoting Changes that Stick
Learn and practice strategies for coaching teachers to make meaningful, long-lasting improvements in their instruction.
2. Get Organized: How to be a Together Teacher
The Together Teacher examines the purpose for planning ahead, provides tools for tracking time commitment deadlines and tasks, and helps teachers develop a personal organization system that interacts with their day-by- day practices.
3. Foundations of Teaching for Learning 8: Developing Relationships
One focus of the course is to help you develop strong relationships with families to enable them to support children’s learning.
4. Assessment and Teaching of 21st Century Skills
This MOOC course explores how teachers might apply developmental teaching and assessment principles to develop 21st Century skills in a classroom.
5. Blended Learning Essentials: Embedding Practice(FutureLearn)
This is the second part of a course for the Vocational Education and Training sector to promote effective use of blended learning.