Over the years, I tried many bread recipes,from the french bread to no-knead bread and beyond. But once I tried this recipe never once considered to look for something different. This is the easiest bread you will ever bake.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. yeast
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, and yeast.
- Add water and mix until a sticky mixture forms.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 7-8 hours.
- Heat oven to 450 F and place your cast iron (I use a Le Creuset bakeware) with lid in the oven. When the oven reached 450 F keep your bakeware in the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- In the meantime pour the dough onto a heavily floured cutting board and shape into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit until the pot is heating.
- Remove the hot pot from the oven, put some parchment paper on the bottom of your dish and drop in the dough, and cover.
- Return to oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool to room temperature.